Attendance Procedures 2023-24
We work closely with families to develop good patterns of attendance ensuring all children reach their full potential.
Strategies in place:
- Classes compete for the highest attendance and this is celebrated in the weekly newsletter
- Attendance and punctuality is now formally recorded and discussed at Parent Consultations alongside children’s academic achievements each term
- Attendance continues to recorded and commented on in children’s end of year reports
When children’s attendance/punctuality drops below:
- A letter is sent home each term to inform parents of the drop in attendance, where necessary (below 95%)
- If there is no improvement, parents are invited to a meeting with the Headteacher and an action plan is created
- If there is still no improvement, the local authority are contacted and parents are invited to meeting with the Attendance Officer to discuss ways to improve attendance
- Unauthorised absence may result in the school referring to the Local Authority for sanctions and/or legal proceedings
Please Note: The Headteacher refers to the Attendance Policy when responding to all applications for Leave of Absence.